Tuesday, 24 April 2012

I haven’t had a lot of time to work on the layout but I have started to do some ballast.

I started with painting the track with a mix of Burnt Umber and Burnt Sienna.

After the track was painted I used half light gray and half gray with just a touch of cinders to ballast the track.

After the ballast dried I painted the center of the track to make it dirty and well used. I used a tarnished black wash through out the center of the track. Then a light rust wash on the nail heads of the track. Then I used a eye dropper with a black wash down the middle of the track to look like oil streaks.