Wednesday 16 November 2011

Building

With all the track in place other than the industry siding I though I should start to work on building to use. Over the last few years since I last had a layout set up I have been building buildings for friends to use on there layouts and have gotten a lot better at building. I have pulled all my build building out of storage to see what can be used on the new layout. Most of my old buildings were unpainted when I put them together so I have been painting built building. This is not easy and you should always paint first, also something I have learned since the last layout.


 Here we have the Water Street Freight Terminal. Painted after building



Also Al’s Victory Service had to be painted after it was built.



I wanted to have a nice big corner hotel so I had to bash to DMP kits together. I am planning to light this building and as you can see after I painted on the Blinds from the inside I painted some windows black and left some open so the light will only show through in some rooms. I think it will add to the realism of the building.



I built this small diorama for a friend. It came out so well I just hope I can do it again for my own layout.





I built the DPM Night Life kit and sold it to another friend so I will also have to rebuild this kit as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment